Tuesday, May 1, 2012

WELCOME TO MNANO!!


It has started! Are you not bursting at the seems with excitement?  As a reminder, here is what we're about this month:


Goal
Write 50,000 words of a novel during the month of May.


Rules
1) These must be new words written.  No fair taking the 2000 word Prologue you already wrote, tacking on another 48,000 words and saying you succeeded.

2) You may choose to either start a new novel (per official NaNoWriMo rules) OR add to a work in progress.  It doesn't matter which.  It's also okay to finish a current WIP and start on another.

3) Only work done on novels counts. You may not add in word counts from short stories, group challenges, blog posts, facebook status updates, or tweets.

4) You must report your total daily word count to the group each day, even if that count is zero.

5) Anyone who succeeds in completing the challenge gets a prize.


 Daily accounting for what you've written is the most important thing.  Thomas S. Monson said:

"When performance is measured, performance improves. When performance is measured and reported, the rate of improvement accelerates."

Let's make this our guiding principle this month.  50,000 words in 31 days makes for 1613 words a day.  We can do this!

Best of luck everyone!

- Todd

3 comments:

  1. Looks good, Todd. I'm putting my STARTING count here to help me remember. LOL

    Starting count on Son of Corse: 32.138

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how much actual writing I'll get done today. Going to be doing some extensive changes to my outline and story. It should give me plenty to write about though, which is good. The other good thing is that I think the changes will involve more than 95% additions, so I shouldn't cut too much.

    I think I'm at 54,020 or so words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My starting place is 38048

    ReplyDelete